For years you could only find the Original Pawleys Island Rope Hammock in the cozy little Original Hammock Shop in Pawleys Island, South Carolina. Many of our rope-hammock bodies are still woven right there, in much the same manner as back in Cap'n Josh's time. Yet today, the Pawleys Island brand – the most-recognized hammock brand ever – is also carried by numerous top-line retailers worldwide, distributed from our company headquarters in Greenville, North Carolina.
So while you may not have come to our brand in the same way you might have in years gone by, please know that our promise to you remains the same today as it has been for more than 120 years now: craftsmanship, quality and tradition woven together in a slice of that relaxed live-oak lifestyle of the old coastal South, right there in your own back yard, wherever in the world your own back yard may be!
That's likely why The Original Pawleys Island Rope Hammock is still so widely sought-after today, more than a century after South Carolina riverboat captain Joshua John "Cap'n Josh" Ward set out to fashion himself a cool, comfortable, cotton-rope bed for those steamy Lowcountry nights out on the water.
The continued success of the venerable Pawleys Island brand has not, however, come from our changing to fit the times. Far from it. Rather, the changing times have always held a place for our staying true to what we've done right from the very start. Because other than some improvements to the materials we use, our basic hammock design remains little different from back in the bygone days of Cap'n Josh. We don't call ourselves The Original for nothing.
At The Original Pawleys Island Rope Hammock, we're incredibly proud to be anything but new-fangled. Now 125 years old and counting, we continue to offer the very best of our past in hopes it may help our customers better enjoy their own futures. Tradition, after all, demands nothing less.
Take a look to our beautiful Pawleys Island Hammock Collection.
When it comes to color, you can choose the classic black, which matches any setting or go for other color options, such as green or rustic red, that complement your patio color scheme.Read More
Not all home decorating ideas require a heavy investment of time and money. If you're looking for a few affordable home interior decorating ideas to freshen up a room over a weekend, try these ten:
1. Rearrange The Furniture- Pull your furniture away from the walls. Try positioning it at intriguing angles. For example, a sofa arranged diagonally across a narrow living room will make the room look wider.
2. Paint A Wall- Paint one wall your favorite color and make it the focal point. Hang interesting art on that wall and move a nice piece of furniture there. (Note: Make sure that the color is one that is shared with several other objects and fabrics in the room.)
3. Bring In Plants- Greenery always adds a breath of fresh air to a room. If you don't have a green thumb, try silk plants and trees. The quality has gotten so good that its hard to distinguish them from the real thing.
4. Lay An Area Rug- An area rug is a wonderful way of defining a conversation area. Try one that complements the room. Lay it at an angle beneath your coffee table.
5. Hang Pictures or Mirror- Hang pictures that reflect your personality. Try frames that are more ornate. When hanging a mirror, try and position it so that it reflects and nice view or an interesting architectural element.
6. Group Figurines- Pull out your favorite collectibles. Show off your personality. Find a display area and group related objects together, in sets of three or five. Try and vary the shapes.
7. Add Decorative Pillows- The good news about decorative pillows is that they are an easy way to add textures and patterns to a room. Still better, they can be changed to jazz up a sofa or chair before your room is ready for a major makeover.
8. Replace Lamps- Lamps are probably the one thing in your home that will give others a clue that your room is outdated. Seek out new and fresh lamps that make a statement.
9. Add A Throw Or Afghan- Similar to decorative pillows, throws and afghans add texture to your furniture. They come in all kinds of natural and man made fabrics. Find a pattern and style that you like.
10. Eliminate Clutter- Clutter has a way of eliminating the desired mood and effect of any room. Find storage spaces for papers, toys, and other items that take from the personality of a room.